Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Easter, Birthdays, Sister's Wedding, and everything else I've missed...

SO! I had to use my time and blog about that incredible experience with that little baby who passed away for my last blog, but now, I better catch up on the last few months of life as well! Here's to my once every other month blog update!

Easter: How can one not LOVE Easter when kids are around?! Believing in the Easter Bunny, coloring and decorating eggs as if they were art, searching not once, not twice, but three times at a minimum to fill an Easter basket with unneeded toys and candy between two Grandmas, home, and any other Easter hunt around. When else do you get to go to Grandmas house and "search" for treasures to collect on purpose?! I love that it is normal to walk around and pass a pair of gummy lips on a ledge and think, 'perfect, that's for me!' or find bubbles in a planter, or better yet (the practical gifts come out), find new underwear on Grandma's slide! Of course, rounding them all up after an exhilarating search to really remember WHY we have Easter, is the best. Watching their eyes as they hear the story, once again, of Christ's life, death, and resurrection, which allows us to also be resurrected and live with Him again...priceless.

Spring Birthdays: It's not until Spring comes upon us that I realize Scott and I weren't actively planning the "perfectly" spaced family as Shailee's, Avery's , and Rilee's birthdays are all within 8 weeks of each other!! They all had a great time, although Avery had an especially memorable 1st bday with cellulitis in her eye! What we thought may be pink eye, swelled up within hours of her eating her cake for her first birthday, even after a Drs visit and antibiotics! I told Scott I may have to reinact that day for photos only, since little Avery didn't notice the difference, except having to turn her whole head to us when we talked since she could only see out of one eye! I suppose it sure will make it memorable, however, as she looked like Mahamed Ali! Rilee had a swim party at the Rec Center, so for her, life couldn't get better sharing that with her friends! Shailee's big news was she "FINALLY" got her ears pierced!!! She couldn't have been more excited and she didn't even flinch when she got them done! I can't believe I have a preteen--she is so fun and has quite the personality as she matures! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THEM ALL!

My sister's Wedding: My cute sister, Brittany, got married in May,and it was awesome! We love her new husband, Brad, and love that he fits right into the family. Brittany's colors were purple, orange/peach, yellow, and royal blue. She pulled it altogether so well, it was beautiful!

That should do it for the Spring highlights! More in a few months...ha!

1 comments:

Moore Family said...

All you Clark girls looked so beautiful at Brittany's wedding!! So glad you posted so we could see pictures. Cami sent an email looking for my address but I never got the invitation (Mail in Italy can be undependable--arggh!)-- too bad we couldn't be there. It looked gorgeous with all those colors!