Thursday, February 12, 2009

"You like skinny jeans??!"

Today Eden made me do a huge, BELLY laugh out loud, and I HAD to write, so I wouldn't forget why...

I finally pulled out a pair of skinny jeans I bought while on a Girls' Trip, (egged on by my much more stylish and "up to date" sisters-- and the fact that they were only $6 from Gap). It has been well over a year since I've worn them, and I was curious if they finally fit again. Once I put them on, Eden asked, "You like skinny jeans??!" I was not daunted by the question, thinking how stylish I must look, and answered that yes, I did indeed. Her eyebrows went up, with a shrug of her shoulders. Then I asked, "Don't you like skinny jeans?" Her reply was immediate, uncensored, and completely blunt, "No, I think they look like tights!"

Pause, pause, I wasn't sure if that was a general observation, or one aimed at what she was seeing right then. I decided there are only 3 possible conclusions to be drawn from this event: 1) She was reinforcing her argument why SHE won't wear the oh-so-cute-and-stylish skinny jeans I bought her. 2) She remembers seeing her friend just last week in skinny jeans, she told me, and said "it looked like she had tights on with a shirt" (As I listened, I was secretely hoping this to be what spawned the comment), or 3) (and most likely) Maybe this is a good indication that I'm not quite back to normal and this is a 6 yr old's sweet way to say so... Oh well, it's back to the gym I go!!!!!!! (No worries, I'm STILL wearing them--just to try and believe it wasn't #3! In fact, if I get brave enough, I will even take a picture of the forementioned skinny jeans...if I do this, then I'm either crazy, hoping for a laugh, or truly in denial) Oh, if we could only be so honest with everyone we meet!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

That is hilarious!! To answer your question, my title was created in Photoshop Elements. I can help you make one. They are super easy. As for the treats, I am addicted. There is a link on my blog for them. Don't be surprised when they start popping up all over the neighborhood because I am going to make them for every occasion and whenever I need a cute gift give away.

Jamie said...

C'mon Chelsea, I bet you look smokin' hot in them. You have great (SKINNY) legs! I only wish I could actually wear them!

Nicole said...

I Love it! Kids say the greatest things. I for one never have been able to wear skinny jeans since I have never had skinny legs but for those who can pull it off (like you) yeah!

Brittrclark said...

Skinny Jeans for Life! Eden is a wise one, but I bet you looked amazing! Love you, the kids, scotty poo and SKINNY JEANS!